This is probably another consequence of the fact that I read a lot. I usually start reading a book and go on reading until I finish it after a few days or weeks . Reading a science book obviously requires more concentration and rational analysis , and occasionally making calculations or solving some equations . But a number of times I began reading a book and finished some chapters or about half of it , then I lost interest or got busy and moved on to another book or another field of study. I always keep a bookmark or write down where I stopped reading in order to finish the book at a later date. I started to read a few of these books a few years ago without finishing them.Other books I began reading a few months or weeks ago. I have already listed books I have completely finished in my various book pages , and I’ll give here a list of books I have not completed reading to date ( December 2014). I will add these books to my books pages when I finish reading them. So here is a list of books I already began reading .This is not an exhaustive list:
- Fearful Symmetry : Is God a Geometer? ( by Ian Stewart and Martin Golubitsky).
Carl Friedrich Gauss: Titan Of Science ( by Guy Waldo Dunnington).
- Ideas And Opinions ( by Albert Einstein).
- Avicenna, His Life and Works ( by Soheil Muhsin Afnan).
- A history of Medicine , Second Edition (by Lois N. Magner).
- The Cambridge Companion to Newton ( by
- Great Experiments in Physics: Firsthand Accounts from. Galileo to Einstein (Edited by Morris H. Shamos).
- The Psychology of Intelligence ( by Jean Piaget).
- On the Nature of Things (also translated as On the Nature of the Universe , by Lucretius).
- The Justice of Zeus (by Hugh Lloyd-Jones)
- The Aeneid ( by Virgil).
- Black Athena , Volume 1 ( by Martin Bernal).
- A Modern View of Geometry ( by Leonard M. Blumenthal).
- St. Thomas Aquinas on Politics and Ethics (translated and edited by Paul E. Sigmund).
- Traité d’électricité et de magnétisme ( A treatise on electricity and magnetism by James Clerk Maxwell).
- Les fondements de la géométrie ( The Foundations of Geometry by David Hilbert).
- De la démocratie en Amérique ( Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville ).
- Le Livre noir de la psychanalyse (a book critical of psychoanalysis with articles by various authors and psychologists , Edited by Catherine Meyer).
- Les lois du chaos (a science book by Ilya Prigogine).
- Le temps et sa flèche ( a science book edited by Etienne Klein and Michel Spiro).
- Oeuvres , Tome 2 (works by Mikhail Bakunin).
The Muslim Jesus: Sayings and Stories in Islamic Literature ( by Tarif Khalidi).